• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

error codes

monkeysxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have a p0700,p0705,p0545and a p1491 i for the p0700 andp0705 i was told to do the neutral safety switch did that and did not do any thing then the p0545 is the o2 so i replaced both of them and the p1491 i did the relay and put a new fan on and cleared all the codes but they still keep on coming back whats rong ....

Last edited:
monkeysxj said:
ok i have a p0700,p0705,p0545and a p1491 i for the p0700 andp0705 i was told to do the neutral safety switch did that and did not do any thing then the p0545 is the o2 so i replaced both of them and the p1491 i did the relay and put a new fan on and cleared all the codes but they still keep on coming back whats rong ....
You have just learned a expensive lession. Codes don't mean the sensor is bad.
All those codes have a fuse in common so you could have a bad fuse or Fuselink.

Last edited:
i have been playing with it for weeks before i started replacing it did not find any wires that were cut or any thing but maby i am not looking in the right places

monkeysxj said:
i have been playing with it for weeks before i started replacing it did not find any wires that were cut or any thing but maby i am not looking in the right places
You need to look with a volt meter not with your eyes.

monkeysxj said:
i know thats what i was doing i have been working on cars for a while now and thats what i am going to school for
What year and do you have a FSM. And yes a bad TPS would through the Air/Fuel mixture off and the 02 sensor would see that. I still think though there is a 12+ problem thats common to all the codes.

The first thing to do when you get multiple fault codes is to get the correct FSM and study thewiring diagrams to find any common links between all the components that have been flagged up. This will often help you to eliminate a lot of possibilities very quickly. Also if you can get hold of the relevant powertrain diagnostic manual, these have detailed diagnostic procedures for every applicable P code.

Back