• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fault Code 66 Need help!

Double Down

NAXJA Forum User
If you know alot about XJ's and issues, then please refer to my current post:

But the main issue right now is that I did the computer code with the ignition key (on-off-on-off-on) and it gave me the "66" code:

faulty code 66 means:

TCM CONTROL MODULE:

RIGHT ( PASSENGER ) SIDE OF ENGINE COMPARTMENT NEAR FIREWALL; MOUNTED TO THE INNER FENDER---THE TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE CONTROLS ALL THE ELECTRONIC OPERATIONS OF THE TRANSMISSION. THE TCM RECEIVES INFORMATION REGARDING VEHICLE OPERATION FROM BOTH DIRECT AND INDIRECT INPUTS AND SELECTS THE OPERATIONAL MODE OF THE TRANSMISSION. BASED ON INFORMATION RECEIVED FRON VARIOUS INPUTS, THE TCM DETERMINES THE APPROPRIATE SHIFT SCHEDULE AND SHIFT POINTS, DEPENDING ON THE PRESENT OPERATING CONDITIONS AND DRIVER DEMAND. THIS IS POSSIBLE THROUGH THE CONTROL OF VARIOUS DIRECT AND INDIRECT OUTPUTS

What exactly does this mean and what do I need to do?

If you have time to read the other post, basically right now I a 97 sport 4.0 that I can put in reverse, but when I go to put it in auto or any gear setting, it bogs down and dies.

Thanks,

Chris

I'd guess you have to replace the TCM, or have the TCM scanned to determine if it has any trouble codes from the transmission. I would guess a problem in the transmission would have a distinct code in the ECU.

Back