• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

error codes on 96

It do not work for mine.

Add another cycle of off-on into the mix, and make sure the engine is thoroughly warmed up (a nice healthy 20 mile drive ought to work). Don't turn it all the way to 'start' though, and be patient as it may take a moment or three for the 'Check Engine' light to start blinking.

Cliff said:
ok got it to work

i know 22 is the coolent temp cant find 32 or 55
It didn't spit them out in that order did it? You may want to check again if so because I believe they will always climb numerically. Anyway:
32 - 32 (1984 only) power loss/limited lamp or circuit
32 EGR gases not working (1988) - check vacuum, valve
32 (1990-92, all but Turbo) computer didn't see change in air/'fuel ratio when EGR activated - check valve, vacuum lines, and EGR electrical

22* Coolant sensor signal out of range - May have been disconnected to set timing

55 End of codes

Got that from http://allpar.com/fix/codes.html - I thought I put that in this thread. *shrug*

thanks all fixed fixed the temp sender this morning wire got pulled ran the codes agin and got nothing went to auto zone they hoked it up and reader says all good.

Back