• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar problem

Pkurzok

NAXJA Forum User
hi guys
i have 1996 xj with a two inch lift.
i am having a problem sway bar disconnects hit the track bar holder it seems the sway bar is 50 mm to narrow . i have photos but can seem to post them

How’s the other side look? Is the bar centered?

Pictures need to uploade to a hosting service like imgur.com and then a link to the picture is posted here.

When the lift was installed, what was done with the trackbar to adress re-centering the axle ?

Since the sway bar is mounted to the frame, whether or not the sway bar hits the track bar mount shouldn't be affected by the position of the axle. Seems more like the sway bar is shifted too far to one side if that's even possible. Maybe the OP is using RC quick disconnects where the ball joint mechanism has to be installed outboard of the sway bar. If those are installed on the inboard side of the sway bar, I could see those hitting.

Last edited:
I thought maybe I'd misunderstood the problem 'cos I couldn't visualise the install in sufficient detail. Now I've seen the pics I'm just confused, as not sure what they're supposed to illustrate. To me it looks like the links are suspended from the bar - but not otherwise attached to the vehicle. Either my eyesight, brain or cognitive ability are failing me so I'm out of this for a couple days then I'll check out the answer from those who know so much more than I.

I thought maybe I'd misunderstood the problem 'cos I couldn't visualise the install in sufficient detail. Now I've seen the pics I'm just confused, as not sure what they're supposed to illustrate. To me it looks like the links are suspended from the bar - but not otherwise attached to the vehicle. Either my eyesight, brain or cognitive ability are failing me so I'm out of this for a couple days then I'll check out the answer from those who know so much more than I.

I think you see fine. What I see is the OP measured one side a 50mm space. The other side looks less.

Back