• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey folks new jeep owner here need help

Canadian jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 1991 jeep cherokee laredo am I am trying hard to decode the fender tag if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it

I am wondering what this code is QB8?

I can't post the pic of the tag for some reason 🤷*♂️

Welcome aboard.

To post pics you need to upload them to a hosting service such as imagur, then place a link here.

For the decode, go to https://xjjeeps.com/, click on "Reference Documents", and pick the parts catalog that contains your year (in this case, the 1991-1993 100-pag, looks to be a scan of the actual Jeep onee PDF, and per the table of contents, pages INF-8 and INF-9 show how to decode the body plate (fender tag) and VIN, respectively.

Without knowing where on the plate the QB8 code you are asking about I couldn't guess at which field on the plate it lands on - there are 6 places where there are 3-digit groupings, so you'd need to look at it yourself and match up where it I don't know if there'sI'm not certain there's anything in there that defines what the codes actually mean, though there's probably a reference list somewhere on the internet.

You could also try asking at the service or parts counter at your local dealer, but I would be willing to bet they no longer have reference info for something that old...

Welcome aboard.

To post pics you need to upload them to a hosting service such as imagur, then place a link here.

For the decode, go to https://xjjeeps.com/, click on "Reference Documents", and pick the parts catalog that contains your year (in this case, the 1991-1993 100-pag, looks to be a scan of the actual Jeep onee PDF, and per the table of contents, pages INF-8 and INF-9 show how to decode the body plate (fender tag) and VIN, respectively.

Without knowing where on the plate the QB8 code you are asking about I couldn't guess at which field on the plate it lands on - there are 6 places where there are 3-digit groupings, so you'd need to look at it yourself and match up where it I don't know if there'sI'm not certain there's anything in there that defines what the codes actually mean, though there's probably a reference list somewhere on the internet.

You could also try asking at the service or parts counter at your local dealer, but I would be willing to bet they no longer have reference info for something that old...

Thanks bud I appreciate it

No problem, happy to help.

Back