• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Jeep Owner

Graphics

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, short introduction. I recently came into the ownership of a Jeep. After many years of being a Toyota guy, I'm pretty happy having one. You guys might have seen it around it belonged to Sting25, a big yellow '98 XJ on 33's.

I have spent a good amount of time with my '92 Pickup, so now i have two project rock crawlers (wife is thrilled). I don't know much in the mechanical sense, but every part that breaks I become an expert at it. Seems to be plethora of info here and looking forward to meeting some of you.

Cheers,

(pic) New Jeep on right, old truck on left.

kuealrppb2nxl33gf8rc.jpg

Man, Sting hasn't been around here in quite a while, didn't think he'd kept that XJ all this time.

What's the dash look like now? Last I saw it, he had it all cut up and was custom fitting all kinds of electronics.

Man, Sting hasn't been around here in quite a while, didn't think he'd kept that XJ all this time.

What's the dash look like now? Last I saw it, he had it all cut up and was custom fitting all kinds of electronics.

I was surprised when he said he wanted to sell it :( I mean good for me but still... It's the mans soul lol. And yes he loved that thing, the pic above was from the fall over by Empire.

It's actually quite in good shape, he swapped out a lot of the interior from a '99. I went fishing trying to remove the alarm system, went through the whole dash, it's quite in order. Other than a few electrical quirks which I'm hoping I have resolved (fingers crossed) it runs like the jeep I have known. He had a few radios in there, (vhf, uhf, cb, lowband) left the cb for me and a plethora of antena mounts. I'm planning to basically refit it with what he had and a few extra.

Are there any radio people / first responders on here ? My truck was kind of thrown together out of nesecity, but now with a jeep I would like to take the time to equip correctly.

Last edited:
Back