• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out 97 XJ

EndlessMtnFab

NAXJA Forum User
This is a partial list so far and will be changing (added/subtracted/additional info) .... don't be afraid to ask me for specific things not on the list (or pics or info).

Aborted 97 XJ build ....

*4.7 stroker motor. Hesco internal parts. 5000 miles on the motor since rebuild.
*AX-15 transmission (internal slave). Refreshed & painted.
*NP 203 doubler (23 spline ... clock-able)
*Dana 44 ARB (3.92 up). 1st Generation.
*Factory Up-Country front skid
*Factory Up-Country gas tank skid
*Cleaned plastic gas tank & New fuel pump
*extra black grille
*Moss Green header panel with grille/headlight surrounds/turn signals)
*New/Unused Radiator
* Mechanical fan shroud
*Aux electric fan (updated multi/curved blade model)
*2 washer bottles. 1 with pumps. 1 without pumps.
*Husky Floor liner set. 2 front / 2 rear. Gray.
*2 Front sway bars. Original 26 mm and upgraded 28mm (from older limited model)
*Full length roof rack with cross bars
*White Hatch
*Extended Poly front bumpstops
*Tomken Machine front tow bar & mounting plate
*Front dash & trim pieces as needed
*Center Console & arm rest
*M.O.R.E. Heavy Duty engine mounts (will need new bushings)
*Brown Dog Heavy DutyEngine & Block mounts

See something in the list? Ask. Don't see it? Ask anyways. Trying to keep the prices fair and get stuff out of here quick.

The chassis itself is available .... heavily upgraded but not exactly "bolt in" ready. Please inquire and I will be happy to explain

So far ... these are the parts I have out and ready to go. More is there. Willing to ship at buyers expense. Located in Paxtonia/PA (roughly 25 min from Rausch Creek).

Will keep this updated to the best of my abilities.

Joe

Empty .... AX15 is listed at 300. Pedal assembly -- how about 30 ?

Wonders .... which one? MORE brackets - 45. Will need to press in 2 new LCA bushings. BrownDog brackets -- 225. These have been modified on the pass side to engage additional bolts over the original design. These are the ultra flex rubber mounts, btw.

Original block came out of a 94

Punched .060 Over using HESCO pistons (made by diamond) and has Hesco's cam kit
IIRC .... .010 on the bearings

12 counterweight with shortened snout (for serp pulley)

Including 2 sets of 24 lb/hr injectors. One set is a bit surface rusty (but still brand new).

Will include the 99+ intake manifold.

I installed the 97+ lower block brace/girdle that ties all the lower bearing caps together. Spaced out to clear the longer throw of the 4.2 crank.

Motor has about 5000 miles on it. Crank original set up for an auto trans. But I replaced everything with the pilot/block to run the manual. ... so you'd have to figure out what "pilot" you'd need to if you wanted to go back to auto. Was all dealer stuff for my setup.

Set to run on 87 octane.

NP203 with adapter on it. 2:1 ratio

23 spline input. 23 spline output. T-case can be clocked. Doubler sits vertically ... but no lower than the factory crossmember.

Wish I could edit the original post with more info. :badpc:

Asking $650 for the whole thing. Can email pics (no hosting capability at the moment)

Back