• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power steering cooler

Arakele

NAXJA Member #946
in the fall i will be starting on my np435 swap and i am contemplating a hydro assist steering. im thinking about using the factory tranny cooler built in the radiator as a PS cooler.. any suggestions for not doing this? anybody here run PS coolers?

TIA

Arakele said:
in the fall i will be starting on my np435 swap and i am contemplating a hydro assist steering. im thinking about using the factory tranny cooler built in the radiator as a PS cooler.. any suggestions for not doing this? anybody here run PS coolers?

TIA

it's been brought up before, and the consensus is that it would be fine. However if you ever have problems keeping your engine coolant cool, you may want to run a seperat cooler so that you're not throwing additional heat right in next to your engine coolant.

Summit has a Derail PS cooler for $33.

Angus

I read somewhere that your PS fluid likes to run cooler than your engine, and running it through the radiator would heat up the fluid rather than cool it. Don't qoute me on this, but you may want to investigate.

Dan

Look in a junk yard on the Ford Exploders,they have a small cooler in there PS system.
Wayne

Dan Turner said:
I read somewhere that your PS fluid likes to run cooler than your engine, and running it through the radiator would heat up the fluid rather than cool it. Don't qoute me on this, but you may want to investigate.

Dan
Thats what I thought also. I see no advantage at all running it through the radiator. I'm thinking of getting another stock trans cooler from the front of the radiator and mounting that for my power steering.

Back