• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.56 gear pattern - pictures

1SYCRYD

NAXJA Forum User
Just installed 4.56 G2 gears in my 8.25 rear diff in my 97 XJ.. I have some pattern pics after install and would like someone with experience tell me what you think before I run them. Specs are G2 4.56 gears, pinion had 4.125 printed om them, removed a .024 shim and installed a .025 shim, backlash is set to .005. after these specs i ran a pattern and this is what i got, anyone with gear experience have any input on the pattern.

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

Just installed 4.56 G2 gears in my 8.25 rear diff in my 97 XJ.. I have some pattern pics after install and would like someone with experience tell me what you think before I run them. Specs are G2 4.56 gears, pinion had 4.125 printed om them, removed a .024 shim and installed a .025 shim, backlash is set to .005. after these specs i ran a pattern and this is what i got, anyone with gear experience have any input on the pattern.

Im not sure but I think pinion could come in alittle more. To go alittle deeper into ring gear.

But I dunno

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That and you need to open up the backlash by at least a couple thousands of a inch. Try to apply more pressure on the ring gear for the pattern check.

Is there preload on the pinion bearings and carrier bearings?
Turn the ring gear with a wrench to make the pattern.
Looks like it needs to be deeper but first make sure there is preload.

Back