• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket RKE

Unclewolverine

NAXJA Forum User
While I was doing other work and had the OHC down I figured I would wire in an aftermarket RKE i had leftover from a previous project. After messing with it for an hour I still can't get it to work on my 95 for some reason. The relays inside it click and it puts out 12v to the output wires like it should. And I traced the 12v pulse to two of the wires in the factory RKE unit, but when i hook them together...nothing. Do they switch the negatives like the window motors or something? All the tutorials I find online are for 99+ which is a completely different system.

Thanks, I had been looking for something like that. But it just confirms what I already knew from testing at the RKE in the console. I doubt making the connections at the kick panel would make a difference. I think my problem is either because I was drawing the power for the lock driver from the same wire as the module power, or the pulse isn't long enough. It could be installation error, it is a discontinued, old module that I lost the instructions to. I found similar instructions online with the same wire colors, who knows. Probably won't mess with it again until my strobes come in. I am going to mount the switch for them in the OHC along with relocating my e fan override switch as well. My computer up there has crapped out so going to re-purpose the holes for it.

My 93 came w factory keyless. What I ended up doing was wiring in a aftermarket kit I got off of Amazon. I wired it as a negative trigger and it didn't work so I re did it as a positive trigger and worked. I tapped everything from the overhead connections. I didn't need all the wires I think I ended up using 6 wires off the original harness

Thats what I was doing, im really thinking it was either the unlock signal was on too short of a pulse or the power distribution i mentioned. It was working according to my multi meter, but the locks weren't responding even though using the door switch sent a 12v signal back through the wire.

Back