• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front suspension clicks

i just put some rough country disconnects on mine and it only knocks if i hit a real big bump but thts probly because mine was totaled and the swaybar bracket isnt perfect

I just in stalled disconects for the front sway and now the front clicks when i hit bumps and such is that normal??

Some disconnects make more noise than others. What brand are they? I've been reading recently about the heims on the RE Gen2's being noisy shortly after install...

It's fairly normal for the disconnects to contact the frame. Some have tried to remedy this by putting worm drive clamps on the sway ber next to the mounts to keep the sway bar from moving side to side in the mounts but I don't know how well that works.

I've been reading recently about the heims on the RE Gen2's being noisy shortly after install...

My RE Gen2's are very noisy. The heims squeak and need to be lubed, I've replaced them twice already because they develop play and start banging.
Also, the retaining clips bounce up and down on the pins and make a jangly noise.
I'm going to replace them with JKS.

Back