• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tera 2 Low kit with a wide chain

Can't tell, but did you do the 6 gear planetary, or stick with the stock 3 gear one? I should rip my case apart and add the 2 low. Already have the wide chain and 6 gear in it.

It's a 5 gear planetary, 16 yrs ago I installed the Tera 4:1 front case. I wished I had done the 2lo and the wide chain then!

All is good so far, no leaks (knock on wood). The shifter pattern is not off by much, I expected it to be more. So I've been driving slow until I get it all oiled up, I assemble it all dry to insure a good bond on the sealers. I'll report on the brakes in my other thread.

Well I've developed a leak. It's the front yoke seal and because of the slinger I can't see if it's the ID or the OD. I didn't see anything unusual with the yoke and I have double/triple checked the part#(710046) for proper fitment.

So in order to not "f***" around with this and not taking it apart, I ordered a new Timkem seal and a new yoke. Although my 18+ yr old front driveshaft(only grease fitting on the slip yoke) never gave me any problems, I also ordered a TW driveshaft!

Nothing more aggravating than buttoning up a job just to have it leak after.... I hope the fix is quick and easy! 👍

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I received my yoke yesterday and the seal today, I panted the yoke and de-burred the seal edge. The new Timken seal feels a lot better than the Nation seal did on my output shaft(and they all measured the same). My TW shaft will be here tomorrow so the games on then!

I got my Woody today!
P1080583_zpsuy1u00gd.jpg

Did you get the boostwerks linkage to work with 2low? I gave up and went back to my Novak cable shifter

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm running the factory shifter assembly.

Did you get the boostwerks linkage to work with 2low? I gave up and went back to my Novak cable shifter

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If you already had a Novak cable, why would you go to a Boostwerks unit? For the record, I fabbed my own linkage before Boostwerks produced theirs. Mine is very similar and works with my Tera 2Low.

If it's available it's from ARP, the rest are grade 10.9 stainless.

No such thing as 10.9 stainless. It's either 10.9 If steel or A2 or A4 if stainless. 😉

No such thing as 10.9 stainless. It's either 10.9 If steel or A2 or A4 if stainless. 😉

Grade like grade 5 or 8(but metric), not the "material" I believe they were 316 SS.

Hey y'all. I am a TJ guy but have been researching on NAXJA for years, just never had a need to create an account till now. The wrangler forums are great for info on things like axles and supsension, but I have always found that NAXJA is much better for info on perfomance (strokers, ignition, intake/exhaust, etc.).

I stumbled across this thread while researching rebuilding and upgrading my NP231. I have heard that the wide chain upgrade would interfere with the Tera 2 low kit or vice versa, but it's always been 2nd or 3rd hand info, and you know how that can be. I was actually trying to determine which one I would choose over the other if I can only have one, So I wanted to see if the OP, or anyone else who has installed both, had any first hand experience with problems, noises, issues disengaging or anything else.

I really would like the 2 low but if I can only have one I will probably opt for the wide chain since I need the strength behind the stroker going in this spring. And I can't rule out a super charger down the road.

Thanks!

Mine has been absolutely prefect in all aspects. No installation issues and the 2-low is a great feature.

I want to add that my "trail" gas mileage went up as I usually will run all day in 4lo and now I just do it 2lo. With the "shift on the fly" feature it becomes seamless when you need extra traction.

I want to add that my "trail" gas mileage went up as I usually will run all day in 4lo and now I just do it 2lo. With the "shift on the fly" feature it becomes seamless when you need extra traction.

I have enjoyed this collateral benefit as well. The only negative that I have experienced with the 2Lo feature, is sometimes when crawling along on the trail and I come to an obstacle which needs the front end engaged to climb over, I forget that the t-case is in 2Lo and not in 4Lo.

I have enjoyed this collateral benefit as well. The only negative that I have experienced with the 2Lo feature, is sometimes when crawling along on the trail and I come to an obstacle which needs the front end engaged to climb over, I forget that the t-case is in 2Lo and not in 4Lo.

I run into the same "issue". I have lockers in both front and rear axles, so I run 60%-75% of the trail in 2-Lo. I'll get to chugging along, crawling over moderate hills and rocks, and forget I'm still in 2-Lo until I'm half way up a hill that turned out to be steeper than I thought.

Sorry to bring this back up but rcp where did you source your wide chain and associated parts? Obviously not the 2low lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back