• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tach wire and amp questions

99chero

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a remote start on my 99 cherokee sport and I need to find the tach wire, i found this diagram said it was a gray wire coming off of the cpu but that didnt work so i was wondering what wire on the coil is the tach wire?? also i was wondering would it be possilbe to put two amps under the back seat cushion or will they overheatt??
thanks in advance
Jhery

According to my info, it is a grey wire in the black plug at the PCM. PCM is located on the drivers side inner fender well near the radiator support.

As far as the amps, it depends on the size of them. I have put a few under there, and none have come back with a problem. (different Jeeps, one in each), but they were all just small 2 channels. You could always add a couple fans to circulate the air. The only other problem is they would be at floor level, more prone to getting wet.

I believe the tach siginal off of the coil is the - (neg).

I knew some with a 97 XJ that had two amps on the back of the rear seat facing the cargo area and he also had two caps next to each other. Looked Awsome.

moparmatt said:
I believe the tach siginal off of the coil is the - (neg).

On 90 and earlier it's at the coil green or green/white wire, on newer models it'd at the PCM.

(Our shop installes Viper, this info is from their dealer tech;).)

Back