• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can someone comment on my buildup plan??

jimmusser

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to lift my Cherokee (I know, its the same old story). Can anybody please comment on unneccessary items or things I need. I plan on doing a SYE and driveshaft replacement.

Here is the plan:

1.5" Front Coil Spacer
OME Medium Coils
Rubicon Express HD Trackbar
RE Trackbar Brace
CROK Steering Reinforcement
BPE's and OME shocks (Light Valving)
Quick Discos (Brand Undecided)

OME MD Leaf Springs
BPE's and OME shocks (light valving) (with raised axle mounts)
Extended Shackles
Remove Rear Swaybar

a lift that mild doesnt normaly require an SYE.

but you can never have too much insurance though

Jess said:
It is hard to comment without knowing the purpose of the lift....DD, mud, rocks, sand,.......????

DD/fire roads/desert. I want it to be able to take me into the mountains to go mountain biking and also tame a few trails

Get the HD leafs, not the MD. OME leafs tend to be very soft and sag.

I was looking to hit around 4". If I use the HD springs, will the soft valved shocks offset the spring? That was my original thinking

I think for the rear suspension, having softer valved shocks is okay, but up front I prefer a little stiffer. That helps even out the flex a little more since XJs naturally are more biased to the front when it comes to flex.

I don't know what the specs are on the "light valving" OME shocks that you are talking about. Do they come with light vs HD? I have the OME long-travels in the back which are low-pressure gas shocks. Up front I have RE monotubes which are high-pressure gas...

Well, you cant go wrong with the OME shocks and at 4" you will need an SYE and driveshaft. I have OME medium duty leafs that are 5+ years old that dont sag a bit. I also have a RE track bar that has held up very well for me. If you have the money, get the ACOS they are a good investment and help out quite a bit. IMO, you dont need swaybars at that height...just my opinon.

chelms27 said:
and at 4" you will need an SYE and driveshaft.

You cant say you WILL need an SYE at 4"...that simply is not true...i ran 4.5 with a TC drop for over a year w/o driveline vibes

after 4.5 yeah i would recomend it, or if you do have issues at 4, sure go for it, but i dont think you will

dsgray16 said:
You cant say you WILL need an SYE at 4"...that simply is not true...i ran 4.5 with a TC drop for over a year w/o driveline vibes

after 4.5 yeah i would recomend it, or if you do have issues at 4, sure go for it, but i dont think you will

So you are saying because you didn't have vibes at 4", that he won't either? That's a shot in the dark at best... What if the original poster's XJ is a '96+? Its much more likely to have vibes at 4" than a '95 and older. Fact is you don't know on ANY XJ until you try it. Good thing is that the original poster already said he's going to do an SYE so I think the issue is moot....

Don't use the HD leaves (JC2A) unless you tow a big boat or carry hugely heavy loads. The HD leaves are actually softer than the mediums but have an overload leaf. HD's also give about 1" less total lift and the overload leaf substantially reduces flex.
If you want lift and flex but need to carry medium to heavy loads, fit a medium duty pack (JC1A) with the OME AAL (JCXL). Officially the AAL doesn't add lift but in reality it'll give you about 1" more lift.

Do you plan to fit a winch or front bumper? If so, you might want to look at the OME ZJ V8 coils (OME934). They are slightly stiffer but will sag less.

IMHO, JKS discos are the best and worth every penny.

You'll also need bushings as the don't come with the OME leaf packs.

Depending on the shackle length you go for you'll get to 5" in the rear and I'dd guess about 4" in the front. ZJ Coils should take you 5" upfront.

Andre

Back