• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scotts ZJ.. AKA Reggie the redjeep

your going to love the ori struts.
i have a set of 14" ori's in my red heep, they work great, no need for a swaybar.
why did you decide to put coils in back instead of ori's?

your going to love the ori struts.
i have a set of 14" ori's in my red heep, they work great, no need for a swaybar.
why did you decide to put coils in back instead of ori's?

The rear is kind of being cheaped out on for now, coil/shock/limit straps etc and a welded diff

I decided to do the front right and I'll re-do the rear sometime down the road with a ZIP locker and ORI's

The rear is kind of being cheaped out on for now, coil/shock/limit straps etc and a welded diff

I decided to do the front right and I'll re-do the rear sometime down the road with a ZIP locker and ORI's

good idea. they are pricey little bastards, but your going to love the simplicity & performance they offer.

Simplicity is what really intrigued me.. Im really hoping to never need a swaybar

i've had the swaybars disconnected for a couple years on both my street xj's & my trail rig never had one.

I agree with Dustin.
So why’d you stay radius arm? Simplicity?

I actually ditched the radius arms for a 3link setup

You know, for weight reduction.

Will 2019 be the year?
a046ca14db9e476d7191966314951cba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would hope so! You have been working on that since I retired.

Hope to see you on the trail again some day though. Although I do have a new rig in the works. More of a exploration vehicle. Crew cab, short bed, 33’s and lockers.

Last winter I took the jeep out on a snow run in the Guilford pinchot that went very bad My Clayton's 3pc crossmember sheared at a flange weld on the passenger side and then the whole driver side of the crossmember proceeded to rip off the frame stiffner and unibody. Essentially making 2 out of 3 control arms free float. So the front end was being held in place via 1 lower arm, panhard and driveline.

Long story short I had to ditch the jeep and retreat to town and devise a recovery plan.. That was such an awful feeling.

Last edited:
After a day of planning and recruiting a small army on a sunday night, luckily we found the jeep under an additional 10" of snow. Which I truly believe is the only reason my rig wasnt pillaged and torched from scavengers. So lucky!!

Thanks to Torx, Redjeep2.0, BigPimpinBen, and a handful of other people that stayed out till 2am on a work night. We setup a repair station to band-aid the jeep and recover it off the side of the mountain.
6ed898adb7190c8e940fda19600e171c.jpg
96ef78869f72e15559062072f44164e9.jpg
54278e7113b2f7b49373feff3f505645.jpg

Last edited:
Spring 2020 i moved to Texas and left my toys behind, including the Jeep in its broken state. I got ahold of Clayton off-road and they stepped up huge. We agreed that a skid plate would of probably helped tremendously when everything started pulling itself apart. They sent me a brand new version of their 3pc crossmember as well as a belly skid.. So I flew to Oregon and a buddy helped me with R&R

Game plan is rear ORI's and a rear bumper.. And maybe even step back up to 42s again?
1a8b1c184c4eba3c3d39d8182ecfd0e0.jpg
dc5dfd616e84906316005d4e45e5d451.jpg
1f61999bf01ce0c6e1282dd962b073aa.jpg
3516cad3b1edac603b554ca1f146f671.jpg

Last edited:
Back