• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

See if this noise sounds familiar

devildog0

NAXJA Forum User
In the link is an audio file of a scraping noise the Jeep is making. It just recently started this noise. Only seems to happen when it gets warm. I pulled the belt yesterday and all of my pulleys seem to be in good shape. No noises or rough spots. If I can get some time today I Plan on pulling the flex plate cover and checking those bolts that I can get to.

If anyone else has some idea on what it is please let me know and I'll check that too. Microphone position was about midway down the intake manifold facing down between the gap between the intake manifold and airbox.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KUKClhi_XFXltc9wvkn2Wznpr_OFWhy8/view?usp=sharing

The link doesn't work!

The link doesn't work!

You may have to be logged into a google account. I tried it from multiple devices and it worked. I tried to upload it to Youtube but they won't accept just plain audio formats :p

That sounds horrible, more of knocking than a scraping to me.

It not a knock, definitely sounds like a rubbing or scraping noise in person.

Sounds like something rattling around to me. Long shot, but it might be worth inspecting the transfer case shift linkage as it can became too loose over time and make some odd noises. If that is the case, check out Azzy's Design Works shift linkage.

Flexplate is good. Using the old stethoscope screw driver i think its the water pump. Sound is the loudest there and you can hear squealing like a bad bearing. Oddly nothing from the weephole.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I gots the sparkles. Got everything prepped for new pump coming in tomorrow. Just gotta drain the system remove pump and flush everything out.
2344b21b468561b3510b5789465bf7c2.jpg

Beijing Jeep Coproation marked water pump. Also appears to be marked with a 2001 build year.

6ba74c02d366521d58d0c16074a119f3.jpg

Back