• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pearl Jam fans

LilRhodyXJ said:
If you know about Yellow Ledbetter please watch this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xLd22ha_-VU

I hope at least some guys/girls on here like PJ as much as me :D

-Andrew
Hahaha "make me some fries". I'm a big Pearl Jam fan, Ten was my favorite album. Even Flow and Black, two of their best songs.

I like!

Mike McCready was blown away when local Seattle radio station KISW ran a fan voted on top ten PJ songs and Yellow Ledbetter was ranked somewhere around #4. He said something to the effect that he hadn't realized how many people actually appreciated the non top 40 tunes.

oh I was just a little obsessed with them. to the tune of roughly 180 purchased official bootlegs from the 2000/3 tours. The Yellow Ledbetters from that time were the greatest as McCready always tagged some classic 80's 'metal' tune from Crazy Train, Number of the Beast, Stranglehold, Dance the Night Away etc..

LilRhodyXJ said:
I miss the old Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, etc...that music was something else
Ahhh the "grunge" rock, yeah AIC is awesome too.

LilRhodyXJ said:
I miss the old Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, etc...that music was something else
EX 2
I can't stand Pearl Jam now but loved their old stuff. Eddie just turned into a huge dick and it ruined it for me.

However I still like Ten and Vs.

I saw Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and the others at Lolapolusa tours in the mid-90s.

It was coold because on the second stage Eddie and Chris got together and did their Temple of the Dog songs. It rocked.

DrMoab said:
I saw Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and the others at Lolapolusa tours in the mid-90s.

It was coold because on the second stage Eddie and Chris got together and did their Temple of the Dog songs. It rocked.

I'm so jealous, I've heard their concerts are awesome! Kinda wish I was a bit older back in the mid 90's because I listened but didn't have the same love for it as I do now.

-Andrew

Now I am blasting the office with Pearl Jam.....Fortunately my helpdesk girl loves them and the only other guy that works in here is out!

LilRhodyXJ said:
I'm so jealous, I've heard their concerts are awesome! Kinda wish I was a bit older back in the mid 90's because I listened but didn't have the same love for it as I do now.

-Andrew
their concerts are just as good now as they were in '92. sure Vedder doesn't hang from the rafters however he still has a strong stage presence and the music is tighter. His banter between songs can get annoying. Perfect time for the piss and beer break.

Idiot Wind said:
His banter between songs can get annoying. Perfect time for the piss and beer break.
His "banter" is the reason I can't hardly listen to their newer stuff.

There is nothing on the planet worse then some piss-ant, so called "artist" who thinks he needs to save the world by filling some young-doped up impressionable minds with all that garbage.

Idiot Wind said:
their concerts are just as good now as they were in '92. sure Vedder doesn't hang from the rafters however he still has a strong stage presence and the music is tighter. His banter between songs can get annoying. Perfect time for the piss and beer break.

I've considered PJ my favorite band since I first heard them way back when, still do. I agree they are still a great live show.

My only complaint is that they leave the fawking politics alone and just sing the fawking songs. Of course this could be said for every musician/actor in existence....

I always liked the hits, but my favorites are the lesser known songs - Footsteps, I got shit, Long road (best song ever!), Immortality, Crazy Mary, etc... I could go on for a while.

Dirk Pitt said:
I've considered PJ my favorite band since I first heard them way back when, still do. I agree they are still a great live show.

My only complaint is that they leave the fawking politics alone and just sing the fawking songs. Of course this could be said for every musician/actor in existence....

I always liked the hits, but my favorites are the lesser known songs - Footsteps, I got shit, Long road (best song ever!), Immortality, Crazy Mary, etc... I could go on for a while.
I still consider them my favorite band as well. The politics drives me insane. Why the hell he chooses to polarize his audience is beyond me. I actually cracked a smile listening to a NY boot when they played Bushleager. the crowd let him have it. they did to a small extent at the Denver show in '03 but not nearly as bad. Stick to the music. Write a book for that other crap. It works perfectly well for Henry Rollins.

There truly aren't too many songs of theirs I hate (probably a dozen or so). Songs like Sad and Man of the Hour are just phenominal. Long Road is their best opener IMO.

Idiot Wind said:
Why the hell he chooses to polarize his audience is beyond me.
Thats just the thing though. He isn't polarizing his audience. For 90% of the crowd he is their hero.

With the exception of the Dixie Chicks....most bands would shrivel up and die if all they were doing was polarizing their followers.

It even hurt the Dixie Bitches too. For a long time they couldn't sell a concert ticket and their album sales went down the toilet. After awhile they got a new audience that once again...is just like minded idiots like themselfs.

DrMoab said:
Thats just the thing though. He isn't polarizing his audience. For 90% of the crowd he is their hero.

With the exception of the Dixie Chicks....most bands would shrivel up and die if all they were doing was polarizing their followers.

It even hurt the Dixie Bitches too. For a long time they couldn't sell a concert ticket and their album sales went down the toilet. After awhile they got a new audience that once again...is just like minded idiots like themselfs.

It's been my experience at their shows, that everyone feels the same as you and I. Go to the bar between songs and enjoy the music between all the preaching.

Back