• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics, Big Bear 7-19-03

can you tell me who/how to contact he owner of the red 2 door with the rear tire carrier.

I am interested in how he likes it and if he would recommend it?

Beware of that site! It has out smarted me for much longer than I care to admit. LOL!

Kejtar, how did Dan miss posting a pic of you from this run? err, uh, NEVERMIND. :D

ummmmmm I know... I was under my XJ hacking and tapping :D so now can you say SYE? :D I'm already dreaming of going taller LOL

Kejtar
P.S. I'm hoping to be done with the remodel which is eating up most of my time by mid August which is just in time for a ran with Curt?

ESWHYIEE :D

Dan,

Nice pics.

AnaheimXJ,

That tire carrier was made up initally to fit in a 2 inch receiver hitch. Its bacially two pieces of 2 inch rect tubing with a hingle. A short piece to fit in the receiver with a hole for the pin and a long piece to hold the tire up. I used 1/2 inch bolts as a hinge and a locking pin. If I used a pin the mount would wiggle on the road so I ended up putting a 1/2 bolt to clamp it down which is why its a pain to get in to the rear deck.

But it does make a great work bench.

It's cheap and it works.

If you're interested I can take pic but you'll have to wait til second week of august.

Ray

Remi......

{"P.S. I'm hoping to be done with the remodel which is eating up most of my time by mid August which is just in time for a ran with Curt?"}

Keep remodeling..... cause as of Mon. A.M. I'm Utah bound for 25 days. TREES !!! RAIN ? Cooler weather..... YES!!!!
OH !! wait.... am I the right Curt ? High desert or Low desert ?
I'm planning on something out E. of Indio late in the fall around Th. Giving so keep the calendar somewhat open.
See Ya !!
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

25 day vacation.... where is the justice in this world???? Oh well... I will be running something mid August :D I had high hopes for this summer, but so far things didn't go as planned :( so I need to make up for lost time/fun.

Kejtar

The XJ is prepped just needs to be washed, loaded & fueled...
Hope you get caught up on the wheel'n fix.
By the way the picts. look cool..... someday I'll make another trip..
See Ya !
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Back