• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring harness

keith haw

NAXJA Forum User
Where could I get a new underhood wiring harness? Was working on my 87 and noticed several brittle wires. Just figured after 16 years in this Arizona heat it might be worth thinking about.

Thanks
Keith

Painless Wiring?

Are you refering to the engine wire harness? About the only option I know would be a salvage yard not in the AZ heat! painless makes all kind of harnesses but none that I have heard of for the XJ's. Mostly CJ's and engine swap stuff. Oh and the Hot Rod stuff.

If that's the case, a harness out of a salvage yard here in the northeast might not be quite as heat-soaked as one from AZ. An '87 would have the C101 connector on the firewall so it would be sort of a simple matter to unplug that and pull everything forward of the firewall. Give a call to Charlie at C&N Auto in Rhode Island, ask what he's got and what he would charge. Just be sure he understands you need the harness intact, not snipped here and there to make it easier to remove.

401-762-9494

Thanks for the replies. Thanks for the offer CheapXJ but it's a 4.0.
Eagle, thanks I'll try giving them a call.

Keith

Back