• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remote Module in Overhead Console

peterjford

NAXJA Forum User
I have removed my overhead console and personally don't mind that the remote for the locks does not work without the module that was in the overhead console, but I was wondering if there could be some issues with the built in security with it removed. I had a 1991 that would often set off the alarm (and not start) if I used a key to unlock it instead of the unreliable remote, but I don't know if that was just an issue with that XJ or if my 99 will act up without the remote module from the overhead console.

I have no sort of alarm in my '00. Just finished putting an overhead console from a '99 in it. Took a few days and I did drive it for a day or so without the IR receiver in there. Obviously the remote did not work but the locks worked just fine from the doors.

I just removed the receiver from the overhead console. Right now it is just hanging there. I'll zip tie it up out of the way once the cage is installed. Now I just need to find some interior lights.

Back