NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > South East Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

South East Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2016, 19:30
Member# 2368

Re: Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Bought two more parts Jeeps. Hooray.

Old December 16th, 2016, 19:57
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrange2 View Post
Bought two more parts Jeeps. Hooray.
That black one looks nice, whats wrong with it?
Old December 16th, 2016, 20:03
Member# 2368

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray_penguin View Post
That black one looks nice, whats wrong with it?
2wd, no key, unknown engine condition (He said it runs hot but I haven't started it since I don't have the key) and the title was signed by a previous owner and never transferred.
Old December 17th, 2016, 06:37
NAXJA Forum User

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Quote:
2wd, no key, unknown engine condition (He said it runs hot but I haven't started it since I don't have the key) and the title was signed by a previous owner and never transferred.

Signed by the seller and no buyer sig? That sounds like an open title to me, and a lucky find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old December 17th, 2016, 07:34
NAXJA Forum User

I pulled my junk into the garage with the intent of fixing the rats nest of wiring from the PO. Wound up selling the wheels and tires off it instead.

Anyone have a straight set of 15x8 steel wheels kicking around anywhere? 3.75" backspacing?

Last edited by Georgia Mike; December 17th, 2016 at 07:53.
Old December 17th, 2016, 17:46
Member# 2368

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKN_xj View Post
Signed by the seller and no buyer sig? That sounds like an open title to me, and a lucky find

No. Signed and dated by the seller and 2 previous buyers and never transferred.

I'd have to jump through lots of hoops to get it sorted out. Not worth the effort.
Old December 17th, 2016, 20:07
NAXJA Forum User

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Quote:
No. Signed and dated by the seller and 2 previous buyers and never transferred.

I'd have to jump through lots of hoops to get it sorted out. Not worth the effort.

Ah gotcha - is SC that bad as well? I'm in NC and its terrible for titling. I've done it, but it's not a fun process I agree. Almost worth moving to GA if you're in that line of business.

Old December 17th, 2016, 20:47
Member# 2368

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKN_xj View Post
Ah gotcha - is SC that bad as well? I'm in NC and its terrible for titling. I've done it, but it's not a fun process I agree. Almost worth moving to GA if you're in that line of business.

SC is easy. Just not if the title has been signed. A simple title reprint by the current titled owner would fix the issue but I don't want to fool with it.

GA is 10x worse than SC from what I understand.
Old December 18th, 2016, 06:45
NAXJA Forum User

If you've got something made in 1985 or older, yes it's easy. Otherwise it's about as bad as anywhere else. You've gotta have you ducks in the exact row they tell you or no cookie. Not worth it when you can find one without any title issues for a couple grand.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 06:43
YOLO!

For you guys this isn't anything but for me it's a bigger deal. I logged onto and for the first time since 2009, I've not held some sort of position in the SEC or National BOD. Every morning I would go to National to see what needed to be discussed and now I can't. It makes for a strange routine change.

It's just weird.

I had intentions of trying out my Fluke multimeter but it was cool and rainy so I just stayed inside and worked on a model kit, watched the Starsky & Hutch marathon Saturday and Movin' On on Monday.

Last edited by PacificEd; January 3rd, 2017 at 06:51.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 08:42
Member Number 257

New Years D had to work so I hit up the pull a part in Columbia. Scored a Dodge 241, front driveshaft for the Mj, and got my Niece some visors for her car while I was there. We watched CA: Civil War and went to bed. Briefly woke up at 12 and then fell back asleep. Sunday we went to Twisted Spur in Columbia. I went home even though I was off the boys had school Monday. Monday I have to remove the PS pump and engine mount on the intake side on the mj so I could pull the plug for the renix temp sending unit. It will start with starter fluid and idle. Need to figure out vacuum lines and a rear driveshaft......
Old January 4th, 2017, 08:01
NAXJA Forum User

Finished the rear AAL lift for the MJ, so I can fit my old 31s on it. Broke down a trans/tcase I picked up to put in the MJ for the 4WD swap. Slowly added back some dash parts, new speakers and plastics for the interior. Swapped headlights with my old Rampage kit, new markers, bulbs and harness.

Put Sliders on the wife's TJ, fixed the fan selector so she has blower heat again.

Slow and steady but I'm getting things knocked out.
Old January 4th, 2017, 08:08
Member Number 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
Finished the rear AAL lift for the MJ, so I can fit my old 31s on it. Broke down a trans/tcase I picked up to put in the MJ for the 4WD swap. Slowly added back some dash parts, new speakers and plastics for the interior. Swapped headlights with my old Rampage kit, new markers, bulbs and harness.

Put Sliders on the wife's TJ, fixed the fan selector so she has blower heat again.

Slow and steady but I'm getting things knocked out.
Two questions. Is your current MJ a 5 speed? If that is the case and you have an extra external slave bell housing I'm in need of one. What are your plans for the stock 2wd rear DS? I need a rear shaft for the MJ I'm working on. The original one was stolen out of the bed years ago. I hate a thief.....
Old January 4th, 2017, 08:11
Three-De Off-Road

Got myself registered to show the Jeep at the Nashville AutoFest and Swap Meet. I promise I'll be the only "working" 4x4 here, and likely the only trail truck. I'll be curious of the response with my beat up truck amidst all the resto mods and restorations. My bet is I am in one of the back halls. Not even sure what category they will put me in.
Dirk DeYoung--Member #176
You'll never leave Harlan alive.
1996 ZJ (200GRND)...2001 XJ (TRALRIG)...2006 XK (TOW RIG)
Old January 4th, 2017, 08:26
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Two questions. Is your current MJ a 5 speed? If that is the case and you have an extra external slave bell housing I'm in need of one. What are your plans for the stock 2wd rear DS? I need a rear shaft for the MJ I'm working on. The original one was stolen out of the bed years ago. I hate a thief.....
I have 2 internal slave bell housings. When I picked up the MJ, myself and another looked under and "saw" a external. We got home to replace the clutch and flywheel and realized we are both blind idiots.
This AX15 i picked up is a internal as well. I'm not complaining though, as the parts will swap over.

As for the stock 2wd rear DS, you can have it when the time comes. I was planing to drive for a little bit longer in 2wd until I rebuild the AX15. I've never done that so I have no idea how long it will take me.