• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Window issue

FallibleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks, my electric window stopped working (amongst many things) after I went wheeling last weekend. It is currently stuck rolled down, how do I roll it up manually? There is currently no power in my jeep :gee:

No power at all? If so, you'll need to remove the door panel and apply 12v to the window regulator motor connector to get the window up.

So there is no manual override?

why no power?
You will have to supply 12v to one side of the motor and ground to the other side.
If the window goes down more-reverse the connections.
You maybe able to do this at the switch without removing the door panel. Not sure!

Yep, either power the motor or time for duct tape and plastic garbage bag.

Well, I suppose you could remove the bolt that hold the window to the track, push it up and secure it with straps of some kind. However 12v to the motor works well if the motor's still good.

Well, I suppose you could remove the bolt that hold the window to the track, push it up and secure it with straps of some kind. However 12v to the motor works well if the motor's still good.[/QUOTE

that's the best way to do it (my perspective) and then throw a block of wood under the window and wedge it so it holds.

Well, I suppose you could remove the bolt that hold the window to the track, push it up and secure it with straps of some kind. However 12v to the motor works well if the motor's still good.[/QUOTE

that's the best way to do it (my perspective) and then throw a block of wood under the window and wedge it so it holds.

I want to put this in my "Secret Technician's Notebook" and was wondering if it should be filed under "Ghetto" or "Redneck"?

Just kidding, I've done it before--just didn't want to admit it. :anon:

Back