• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biggest Tire Size for Rubicon Wheels on Stock XJ

brianglawson

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, i am about to aquire a 2000, Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4 door. It has the stock, steel wheels on it as of now, and the tires are in less than acceptable condition. I would like to know what the biggest size tire i could fit on a 16x8 Rubicon Moab wheel, mounted on the xj?

I have stock rubi wheels/tires on my xj, but it has 1" coil spacers and rancho rear springs so it is just slightly taller than stock. Tire only rubs on LCA's when turned almost full lock....other than that stuff great.

how do you think they would be on a all stock xj with 30x10.50/16's???

They will rub.

offroad I oculd pop my flares of on my old 2000 stocker wit hjust 235s and swaybar connected,lol.

brianglawson said:
how do you think they would be on a all stock xj with 30x10.50/16's???

Putting that size tire on your stock XJ will cause you to rub. I have those tires on my XJ, if you do a 2" rubicon boost you will have plenty of room for those tires.

Regards.

thanks for the replies, so truth be told, a 30x9.50 16 would be the biggest on an all stocker?

oh yeah, and what about with spacers? would they allow for more tire clearence?

I have 255/85/16 Trxus on my '87 Comamche (Did a rear SOA and 5 1/2" front lift) It touches fender on the front on sharp slow corners (yet clears under throttle?), but the back is nowhere near the tires.

what about with a 3 inch lift???

Back