• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 Hi steer conversion

KarmirXJ

NAXJA Forum User
wel im getting ready to build up my front steering, I just dropped of my D44 housing at Currie's shop so they can weld on the brackets. I told them NOT to weld on the trac bar bracket because I have heard that on histeer conversions it hits the tracbar at some point in articulation cycle. My question is what do i need to do to the trac bar or whatever to make this conversion work. I already have the flatop knuckles the steering arms. I know the ORGS sells a "OVER THE AXLE BRACKET" that moves your trac bar up 3" would this help? As anybody done this? any help would be great, Im kinda woundering in the dark right now dont hopping to hit something:)

This is just a DIY idea for an over the axle tracbar mount....perhaps the orgs is similar......the last picture shows the tracbar on the interior side of the passenger side coil spring, along with highsteer.

trackb~2.jpg

trackb~3.jpg

trackb~4.jpg

oh, okay, I replied tpo your pm, now i see what you were referring to.....wish i saw this first.....

There are many ways to build something like this that require less bending (or none at all) Theres quite a few guys on here who have fabbed their own suspensions, who have some better idea about an over the axle mount.....ORGS you say? maybe that's what the doctor ordered?

ask mark Hinkley for advice on welding technique, I'm sure he can give you some important tips.....right Mark?

Beezil said:
oh, okay, I replied tpo your pm, now i see what you were referring to.....wish i saw this first.....

There are many ways to build something like this that require less bending (or none at all) Theres quite a few guys on here who have fabbed their own suspensions, who have some better idea about an over the axle mount.....ORGS you say? maybe that's what the doctor ordered?

ask mark Hinkley for advice on welding technique, I'm sure he can give you some important tips.....right Mark?

:D

tracbar_mount.jpg

Back