• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some help with Winch Rope.

Personally I would stick with 3/8".
I ran this rope for quiet sometime with no issues.
http://www.jeepswag.com/winchline/forum/#TWL
I ran 3/8"x75 and never had any issues with length. I personally went with the standard thimble and used a clevis.
$185.58 with 3 day shipping. I haven't found a rope of this quality for that price.
I will be buying it again soon now that I have a new winch.

Ah, thank you for that.

Maybe I'm just super cheap, but was there anything wrong with my eBay special?

I've honestly looked at it a few times myself and I never can find a review on it.
About the only thing I have found about it is a Master-Pull rep. stating he felt it was a knock off material and might not hold up.

Yes, that rope is well...crap.

Its breaking strength is 5K+ under what 3/8" (what you should run) is rated at.

Winch line is something that should be considered a disposable item. It should be changed out every few seasons of use (if you actually use it). Spend some decent money on good synthetic rope, so you don't end up regretting in a bad way not spending that extra $$ on higher quality stuff.

Go 3/8" x 85' and don't look back.

i understand that rope isnt rated very high....but why would he need more than a 12k rating on a 9k winch?

Mike I could try and explain it but i'm kinda lazy right now to say the least.

Think of it this way...if the rope sees a dynamic shock load with a 5k lb. Jeep attached to it, its gonna be seeing a wee bit more than 12k in force.

Back