• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: Chicago: trade 5 Rubicon wheels/tires

noisy.ant

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I recently picked up a set of 5 Rubicon wheels and tires with under 10k for the XJ. But the XJ also came with a nice set of XJ Limited aluminum wheels with brand new Bridgestone AT's when I bought it. I was going to sell the AT's and run the Ruby wheels full time. But it's really hard to run the noisier MTR's day in and day out with a really good set of AT's sitting in the garage. So I decided to keep the AT's and then just use the Ruby wheels for trail rides. Well, it hardly makes sense to have such a nice set of wheels and tires sitting around just for trail duty. So I'm wondering if anyone local to Chicago would be interested in trading. Since I'm going to keep my AT's and have a dedicated set of trail tires, I figure I can even go a little more agressive than a standard AT. If someone has a set of 5 stock steelies or something similar, with some close to new Swampers or other slightly more agressive than a standard MT tire, 31" and I think I'd prefer to stick with a 7" wheel just to help keep those beads tight when aired down that they want to swamp for set of 5 Rubicon wheels and tires, drop me a line and let me hear what you've got. Here's a picture of them on the Jeep. All I've got right now, but they are new. Less than 10k on 4 tires, less then 3 on the spare. I put the spare on when I got them, intending to rotate all 5. No rash, No scrathes, no nothing. Heck the back sides of the wheels are still clean. I love these wheels on the Jeep, so this isn't a done deal, but I'm listening.

-T. ([email protected])

061406-newwheelsntiressmall.jpg

I have a buddy that may be interested, he has a set of baja claws on canyon rims, he only has four claws though.Only three months old.

I'm pretty sure the Canyons are 8" wheels, but it's not out of the question. Have him drop me a line. I'll be out of town until Tuesday.

-T.

He says he also has a set of stock steelies, I could probably mount them on.

Its ashame you are 11 hours from me. I've got 5 stock 16x7's on my '01 Limited with 4 MTR's 255/70 16 (30x10.00) and stock spare tire. I'd swap ya, but you'd have to drive 5.5 hours down, and back for the swap!

Back