• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TDS - roll call

gcurtis

Shirley Temple was a nug.
Anyone else doing TDS this year?

Instead of the usual madness, now compressed because of the new homes taking all of that open space, we are discussing the motel route in Borrego Springs. One we stayed at last trip had an open fire pit in the center (they provided the wood) and food next door. If anyone is interested, lemme know and I'll see how rooms look.

saki669 said:
The homes dont take up that much space. Its not that much different from last year.
Somewhat...true... there's new homes going in/up everyday.....but not too bad for the camping scene.....my bed is like 42 mins. away. :party:
Curt :us:

I'm out :(

I'll be at the Taipei Bike Show.

Well I was planning on going untill I got the message of going to the Rally sprint out in Jean, Nev that same weekend... Figures I have to work when I want to go wheel, but I already got to wheel in truckhaven once last month already.. So I am good for a few...

saki669 said:
The homes dont take up that much space. Its not that much different from last year.

It was better the year before last year. Last year was a zoo with everyone crammed from just before the mud hills back past main.

This year it'll be nice and cozy in a motel... with a shower.

Right on. We rented a motorhome last year and plan on the same this time around. If you turn off the 86 just before North Marina Drive there are some nice quiet camping spots.

I'll post some aerial pics of the zoo later. We flew over in my buddy's cessna last year.

Not me. I've never been to TDS, but I'd really like to go play around Truckhaven again.

I'll roll out if someone has a spare seat, but my jeep's not going to be ready. I won't be home until feb 15, and I just lost the weekend after to work. No way I can finish the jeep in one weekend.

-C

Back