• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windshield Squirter

Mighty.Mighty_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Mine squirts the fluid very weak. I didn't find a blockage in the hose or in the little nozzles, though I concede it is hard to verify. What should I be looking for?

It's what I suspected. Where is that pump located? The only driver I'm aware of is the one that moves the linkage (of course I could Google that but while I have your attention...) .

The washer pumps are below the front end of the washer reservoir on the driver's side of the engine bay. I've not had to service them so not sure how to get at them.

Some details about which year you have could be important here, but the ones I have dealt with have all had the pump at the bottom of the reservoir, mounted on the outside of the tank.

Pull your windhshield washer reservoir and you will probably find your pump(s). There may be one for the front and another for the back.

The washer pumps are below the front end of the washer reservoir on the driver's side of the engine bay. I've not had to service them so not sure how to get at them.

This is why the model year matters.

Late models have them mounted inside the front driver's fender.

My '96 has it up against the firewall on the passenger side, inside the engine compartment. I expect that is typical all the way back to '92, but Renix models have the closed system coolant recovery tank in that location, so I don't know where the windshield washer reservoir is for them.

This is why the model year matters.

Late models have them mounted inside the front driver's fender.

My '96 has it up against the firewall on the passenger side, inside the engine compartment. I expect that is typical all the way back to '92, but Renix models have the closed system coolant recovery tank in that location, so I don't know where the windshield washer reservoir is for them.

Great point. I'm basing mine of my part manual keying by my '98 model year.

It's what I suspected. Where is that pump located? The only driver I'm aware of is the one that moves the linkage (of course I could Google that but while I have your attention...) .

Assuming it's the 1992 in your profile, it's right on the bottom of the windshield washer fluid tank. In the few I've taken apart, the seals in the pump leaked into the motor and the washer fluid rusts up the motor itself.

Oh I'm sorry guys, I forgot to update my profile. I no longer have the '92. Mine is a 99. I'll be looking at the locations today, see what I can find. Thanks for your help, & I'll update if there's any significant findings.

You are probably looking at removing the driver's side front tire and inner fender. I think that will get you access, though the tank is held in by hardware accessed from under the hood/inside the engine bay. I think it is just one bolt and a hook that is part of the tank itself, but it may be two bolts.

Note that you may end up needing to replace some of the plastic push connectors that hold the inner fender in place. Napa has them. They have a "catalog" of body fasteners that has physical examples attached to the pages. Take in your best example and match it to the catalog.

Back