• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headliner, where art thou Headliner

sotrhRaven

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to tackle my headliner in the next coming weeks. My problem is I don't want to do an ordinary fabric deal. I did a search got a million non specific hits. Has any one used a lineX or Herculiner product on their headliner. I was thinking of making it a bit more solid like when building a speaker enclosure then using black liner to coat it. Any thoughts ideas much helpful.

Ben
2001 Cherokee Sport 2WD I6 4.0 :us:

I recently had the same problem as you. I had bought some herculiner a few months back to do the floors of the Jeep but never got around to it. So I decided to pull the headliner out and sand it till all the foam cushion is gone and it looks like really big fiberglass. (kinda sorta) Then went and put a nice heavy coat of the herculiner on it. Looks awesome in my opinion. Also had to paint my lights and stuff like that to make it match the black. I have had it done for about a year now and it has held up well in south Florida. All my friends like and and I recommend to all. It is a little rough sharp, Im 6'3" and dont have problems with losing skin on it.

GOOD LUCK!

Back