• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Johnny joint spit snap ring out

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
https://www.quadratec.com/products/...czVA7FrAjfz4Yy1mSqI2cKRANXtltgDhoCQawQAvD_BwE

I have a track bar with an end similar to this.

I was under the jeep today and saw my washer dangling from the axle side. That's new lol

I can't seem to get the "f...in" snap ring to lock into it's groove. It's off about the same thickness as the ring. I've tried all thread and sockets to press it in, but it's a no go.

Do I sand down the 9385 bushing or what would cause this?

Any suggestion, I've never encountered this?

Any help Much appreciated.

The bushing halfs have index features on their mating surfaces, they are probably not out of position thus causing the issue you discribe.

A lot of the joints you have to "compress" them to assemble them because they require a "pre-load".

The bushing halfs have index features on their mating surfaces, they are probably not out of position thus causing the issue you discribe.

I cannot physically see any difference it seems to be a squared bushing no matter what side you flip it to, though this is worth a shot

Omg I got it, but that was by far one 9f the biggest p.i.a to seat the clip. You can hardly fit a socket between the clip/ over the ball. Had to file inner clip eyelets a tad.

Now I'm curious how this bastard came out when it's that hard to put in lol.

Thank you guys

If I remember correctly there is a right and a wrong way for Johnny Joint snap rings to be installed, one side of the snap ring has a very slight bevel to it and one side has a sharp edge, the sharp edge should be facing outwards so catches as much of the joint body as possible, if it gets installed the other way the snap ring can be forced out of the joint. This is all from memory so excuse me if I am blowing smoke, just going by what I remember last time I service my joints.

Back