• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newer passenger seat into drivers side in older jeep

95' heep

NAXJA Forum User
i happen to pick up a NICE power leather passenger seat out of a 01' XJ and i want to put it in my 95' drivers side. anyone have idea or even has done this?

if its not a easy task, il just put it in the passenger side then il have a good seat for any future girl friend i could have haha

The lower seat frame is asymetrical. The seat is shifted towards the door to account for the transmission tunnel. You would need to put the passenger side leather on the original seat, or try to swap the seat frame. The foam is held to the seat frame with little steel rings, springs, and rods. I'd hold out for a matching leather driver's seat.

Passenger Seat:
1702318273_f8f5a47aaa_o.jpg

thank, i will give a closer look eventually after i get over many other stuff i need to get jeep back together

when you get the other seat, you can do this to fit 96(+) seats on pre-95 sliders, onto a pre-96 floorpan.
No mods needed for the OP,95-2001 are the same mounts.

XCM did you weld those metal bars to the seat or bolt them to it? I've got a set of seats from a 00 that I plan on putting in my 92.

both!
added simple 3/8ths bolts thru where i had over lappage. should i crack a weld (im no pro)

sorry for the crappy pics =\

Will you have enough room to adjust the seat? the controls will be against your console won't they? also, the seat belt clip, on those you can unbolt it and switch it to the other side right? Those are probably both stupid questions but I personally am intruiged to know just in case if I come across this situation w/ my '92

Will you have enough room to adjust the seat? the controls will be against your console won't they? also, the seat belt clip, on those you can unbolt it and switch it to the other side right? Those are probably both stupid questions but I personally am intruiged to know just in case if I come across this situation w/ my '92

thats will be something i need to figure out how to take care of that problem as i want to be able to use the seat belt (off road parks require to have them) and able to adjust the seat, otherwise id just put it in the passenger side

hell, i will get a old computer seat and get rid of the chair and keep the shaft and the wheels and mount the seat on it haha

Back