• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

The pan was full of sludge and the pick up screen was almost completely clogged. Didn’t see any indication of metal in the pan. I posted pics in the thread I started in OEM tech.

The pan was full of sludge and the pick up screen was almost completely clogged. Didn’t see any indication of metal in the pan. I posted pics in the thread I started in OEM tech.

My son Glenn drove his MJ to Harlan wheeled it broke it fixed it and drove it home. Nothing better than wheeling with your kids. :party:

My son Glenn drove his MJ to Harlan wheeled it broke it fixed it and drove it home. Nothing better than wheeling with your kids. :party:

I was extremely proud of Calvin and his jeep. Having very little hwy time...much less in places like Atlanta...he drove 700 miles up...wheeled...and drove 700 miles home!

Man, I hate electrical work. I feel so clueless trying to decipher colors and codes and such. All I want is a working blower and 4 windows that go down. Is that too much to ask?

New exhaust from the header back all burned in, mounted and installed, finished up my install of a Flowkooler water pump, finally installed my new fuel pump and got a chance to greasea few things on the underside. That new fuel pump was delayed to long...wish I revived this old rig much sooner, runs like a scolded dog again!

Since the weekend isn't over....yet... I just need motivation to install the gas tank skid I grabbed at the junk yard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Put the new engine in with the help of a few friends. Didn't know to take out the crank position sensor, so. Owning need to buy one of those and put it in before she starts.

I have to do a crank position sensor on one of my Cherokees now. Dreading it. It'd be ok it if was a lifted XJ instead of stock one on worn out springs. She sits pretty low and that think is hard to get to.

However, I do have a guy that thinks he can get a windshield in Annie, so I'll have him come take a look this week. If it goes in, I'm ready to wheel again.

I gotta admit I let the little lady do most of the CPS... Small hands made that job look easy...

Worked around the house. Pulled over some more trees with ghost and burnt a lot of stuff that was on the ground. I really need a bobcat or mini excavator for the next one.....

Welded this pig in. Stick welder still got it.

631a98d5f639e6b042768309bcfcabdb.jpg

0d5e4942176ccf47c3a2c50b78845fd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran a couple of trails at windrock last night. Always fun to pull your buddy out that has more lift, lockers, and bigger tires.

Windshield guy looked at the wreck last night. He said I'm about a half inch from getting the pax corner straight enough to take glass. Guess I need to get back to work on that. Not sure how I'm going to pull it out. I considered putting a strap around it and a tree, and just backing up and letting the strap pull on the A-pillar.

Otherwise, I'm not sure.

Hoping to be in a house and out of the apartment before October, so I may just wait and work on it when I get it home.

Had a big week.

On Thursday I had an offer accepted on a house. I'd put in 3 other offers on the same house and the seller finally accepted. He was being a bit greedy at first, I think, but when it sat for 60 days with no movement in the Nashville market, I think he realized that he's not going to get what he wanted out of it. All told I got it for $31,000 under original asking. The new house has an oversized 2 car garage, so I'll finally have all my tools and vehicles in one place again.

Also, sold the 2000 XJ Limited that I got back in June. It just wasn't the Jeep that I wanted or needed it to be. Took a little loss on it, but if I hadn't spent the money to license it I'd have been ahead. Good news is it's gone and I can move forward with getting Annie back on the trails.

Oh, and if anyone is not doing anything on September 14, I could sure use a few hands to help me move. Trying to avoid hiring movers. Pizza and beer is on me...

Finally did the removable door mod last night. Love how much you can see with those huge 2 door doors gone. They are heavy as all heck though, or maybe I'm just a wimp!!!

Big week. Closing on a new house on Friday morning! Looking forward to having a garage again!

Went to the gambler 500 in Crossville... That was a heck of a party. I had never seen so many beat up Subarus...

Big week. Closing on a new house on Friday morning! Looking forward to having a garage again!

Any update? Pictures of said house and garage?

I went to Sanford, NC and picked up a 01 parts xj.

Back