• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R.I.P Aaron

RIP Aaron. Always admired his XJ and had a few conversations with him on Facebook. Today sucks.

i am at a loss of words since i heard. he had such a good heart and head on him.

I'm still shocked. He was a good friend and we spoke regularly. He was a model member. Thick skin and the sense of humor to shoot back. Always volunteering to help anyway he could and a huge advocate for our fight on land use.

RIP Aaron "Flexdj" Thompson

Wow I saw this on Facebook didn't want to believe it . Rip Aaron sucks I never got to meet you in person.

This floored me today, it just doesn't seem real. I was just trash talking with him yesterday having a good ol time. He seemed to be in good spirits and feeling better.

Rest in peace bro, i miss you already you always put a smile on my face.

-grimmy

Sorry to hear this, I had aquired a can of Steel Blue touch up and a Proline XJ body to paint for him to put onnhis truck and things never got done.

Still have the body in my XJ and the paint is just a few feet from here too.

Hasn't been a good year for NAXJA, Andy, Woody and now another stalwart Aaron and I am sure others. Condolences to Aaron's family & friends.

I'm going to miss Aaron. He was one of the guys that "got" the sport of off-roading and the camaraderie that it breeds. I met him for the first time at the Crawl in 2011. On the first day we got to up the access road and Ed's idler pulley seized. Who had a spare? Flexy! (he's in the brown shirt)
Flex%20and%20Nate%20looking%20for%20the%20right%20part_zpskh9cnwwl.jpg

I got to spend a day with him later that year when one of the middle TN forum users was in a fatal accident. The SEC got a Jeep donated and we set up a wrenchfest to build it from scratch. A few of the MWC guys drove down to help. Flex was right there with them. (that's him in the blue sweatshirt)
101_1448_zpse6ihrypf.jpg

And, even though he "lived" in his XJ during the Crawl he wasn't afraid to drive it hard.
SAM_0299_zpsnnintzab.jpg

It's been a somber night. I feel for his family and pray that they are coping with this sudden loss.

I'm going to miss Aaron. He was one of the guys that "got" the sport of off-roading and the camaraderie that it breeds. I met him for the first time at the Crawl in 2011. On the first day we got to up the access road and Ed's idler pulley seized. Who had a spare? Flexy! (he's in the brown shirt)
Flex%20and%20Nate%20looking%20for%20the%20right%20part_zpskh9cnwwl.jpg

I got to spend a day with him later that year when one of the middle TN forum users was in a fatal accident. The SEC got a Jeep donated and we set up a wrenchfest to build it from scratch. A few of the MWC guys drove down to help. Flex was right there with them. (that's him in the blue sweatshirt)
101_1448_zpse6ihrypf.jpg

And, even though he "lived" in his XJ during the Crawl he wasn't afraid to drive it hard.
SAM_0299_zpsnnintzab.jpg

It's been a somber night. I feel for his family and pray that they are coping with this sudden loss.

It has been a tough day for sure. The term Dr. Moab used is probably more appropriate....devastating.

Thanks for sharing those pictures. High2by and myself seem to be in most of them. He was a great guy. I was lucky to have him in my rides at every Crawl he attended. He was always positive and upbeat even when things weren't going quite the way I thought they should be. He saved my butt on day one of the Crawl by having that idler pulley.

I'm not sure how I will cope not seeing or wheeling with him at the Crawl.

Back