• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing the exterior door window trim "squeegee" thing.

montanaman

NAXJA Forum User
Hey ...

My door windows have a rubber strip on the outside, where the door meets the bottom of the window. Looks kind of like a windshield wiper. It keeps the rain out and squeegees the window as you open and close it.

They are now sun-cracked and need replacing.

Two questions:

- Where can I find the replacements for a '91 cherokee 4-door? The only posts I could find in the search said "Dealer-only."

- Anyone know of a writeup on this on the net? It's always good to get other people's experience and see pics.

Thanks!!

I don't know where you can get the replacements, but if you find them, the strip is a press fit. If you pull/pry one of the old ones up you'll see how it attaches, with a metal channel that has little gripping teeth that hold it to the lip of the door panel. It's harder to describe than it is to understand when you see it. A simple job if you can find the part.

Matthew Currie said:
I don't know where you can get the replacements, but if you find them, the strip is a press fit. If you pull/pry one of the old ones up you'll see how it attaches, with a metal channel that has little gripping teeth that hold it to the lip of the door panel. It's harder to describe than it is to understand when you see it. A simple job if you can find the part.

So I can just roll down the window, pry out the old wiper and press on a new one? Wow ... very easy.

I had found these, as I need them too, but I've lost my bookmarks. I believe they were called door wipers.
If you find them please post up. Mine are completely gone

I seem to recall they're also called "Beltline Weatherstrip" (the "beltline" is essentially the level of the bottom of the window openings,) and Crown Automotive is another possibility. They only sell through dealers, but you can look up dealers on their website - www.crownautomotive.com

Oh - it's not even necessary to roll down the window - I've popped them with the edgs of my pocketknife before, so I can get a look down the door (when I'm locked out of one rig or another...)

5-90

I have bought from teamcherokee a few times and i have not had any problems at all. I bought a complet set of weather strips and i had no problem with them at all. Fast shipping. Good luck!

Kcc said:
Has anyone purchased from these guys? Never heard of them before!

X2

I have never seen some of the parts they have listed anyplace except the dealer. I would love to raid their warehouse!!

Are TeamCherokee's shipping charges reasonable? They don't mention them on the web page, and don't add them until after you submit the order......

Runnin'OnEmpty said:
Are TeamCherokee's shipping charges reasonable? They don't mention them on the web page, and don't add them until after you submit the order......

$16. I bought 'em a few weeks ago, haven't installed them yet. Full total was $135 for our 4-door.

I also got one of those glass polish kits from Eastwood to use when I install them, because the strip on the driver's door really made a mess out of the glass.

J.C. Whitney carries them also, along with most of the other weatherstripping for the XJ. I am not sure about the openiong vent window pieces, however.

Back