• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Factory Extended Idle switch bezel for pre 97 XJ

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a factory extended idle switch bezel that'll fit right into my 1996 Jeep Cherokee. They came on XJs with the Police Package. I believe anything from '87 to '96 will work.

I will pay a good price. I also have a couple fog light switch bezels if you are interested in trading.

[email protected]

Thanks

I don't want the original switch but I thought I had seen some instuctions on how to do this yourself somewhere, does anyone have a link? How high does it idle with this setup?

I was thinking for OBA and during winching operations.

You can install a hand throttle to do the same thing. Or if you are good with servos and such it can be done electronically.

I tried to find the bezel a few months ago and didn't have any luck. The factory part has been discontinued and I couldn't find any used bezels either. I just took a razor blade and cut out the plastic cover from the hole in the original blank bezel and put the new switch in the hole. The switch ground a wire that hooks directly to the engine controller through the P/S pressure switch input pin. It raises the idle to around 1100rpm when in park or neutral when the pin is grounded.

Bryan

Back