• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air-ride lift??

DeezUU

NAXJA Forum User
I was flippin through one of the 4X4 mags ( can't remember for the life of me which one ) and saw in the NEW STUFF section up front that SOMEONE ??? is making an air ride addition for TJs,CJs,YJs, and YES > XJs !! I've searched and searched and have come up empty so if anyone has seen this PLEASE let me know . As far as I could remember , it was an add-on system that you use in addition to whatever lift you have . Not sure exactly HOW it worked but any info would be awesome .

an AiRock kit could be modified to fit an xj modified for rear coils.

but i think you would be better served just designing the thing from scratch.

I have a write up on my site showing the rear setup for both a higher version and a write up for the standard height. Both used the Airlift #59507 kit. I have only ever found this kit for the rear if wanting to replace the leafs as well which is more universal I think than for the XJ only even though it has listed it to suit it. http://airbagit-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=94639
FBSS_kit-IV.jpg

I have on the way to me a airbag kit off the back of a MJ that I am thinking of fitting to the front instead of my coils completely. Just worried about their rating as think it is only around 1500 lbs on its own for most leaf spring assist air springs? Being a pickup it might be rated higher than the rears bags I have fitted to the rear though.

I wish there was a bit more info on it > like do you retain the rear leafs or is it 4/3 link with coils ? Seems like if it was an 'add on' to you existing lift , it would use leafs . If it's a decent setup , the price isn't really all that steep considering you get full ride height adjustablilty and 'dampening' if you can call it that . I've always wanted an air suspension 4X4 . To me it just makes sense !! Guess I better start racking up the overtime .

Gojeep said:
I have a write up on my site showing the rear setup for both a higher version and a write up for the standard height. Both used the Airlift #59507 kit. I have only ever found this kit for the rear if wanting to replace the leafs as well which is more universal I think than for the XJ only even though it has listed it to suit it. http://airbagit-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=94639
FBSS_kit-IV.jpg

I have on the way to me a airbag kit off the back of a MJ that I am thinking of fitting to the front instead of my coils completely. Just worried about their rating as think it is only around 1500 lbs on its own for most leaf spring assist air springs? Being a pickup it might be rated higher than the rears bags I have fitted to the rear though.

never buy shAIM products for anything structrual or important to your saftey.

yea that www.airovercoil.com is pretty sweet exactly what i was looking for but nothign about the rear. thanks for your help.

See my site as I have fitted rear helper bags and have also worked out to get it to work with higher lifts. Also can fit longer bags I found for a MJ which will give you an extra inch over the stock XJ one.
I am going to go to full airbag front as well and will be using a kit for a rear Dodge Pickup which I found had the right load rating and the longest bags you can fit in there without much work.

www.go.jeep-xj.info

Back