• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle Position Switch Adjust

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Adjusted the T.P.S. last night. Target output voltage is 17% of input voltage. Mine was set at 14% which gave me a high idle and poor throttle response. Set to 17% and boy howdy, things are much better now.

of course there was an issue, hex head screws where found holding the TPS, the lower one was loose, and could not be tightened with other than an open end wrench, for which there is no room to swing the wrench. These should be Torx head screws. Hardware store had some Allen cap screws that fit fine, I can easily fit an Allen wrench on them for correct tightening

So now all is well. and I lived happily forever..... Well maybe........

I've had issues with mine. Steel screw and aluminum housing, not a good match.

I stripped the lower one out and found a phillips with matching threads, just too long. Chased the threads with a bottoming tap, added a small flat washer, trimmed length (a bit longer than original) and used anti-seize.

Hope I never have to adjust again.

Back