• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 rear seal and bearing

Don't know anything about the other part #, but I always go with Timken when possible!

Heres the info I can find on it
"Chrysler Axle - 8.25 in. Ring Gear; Optional Axle Repair Bearing Replaces O.E. Bearing and Seal"

1559tv isn't that an axle repair brg?

That bearing is used when the axle is damaged where the stock wheel bearing rides.
It moves the bearing contact point to a little to one side, letting the new bearing to ride on a fresh surface.

The part number for the bearing is Timken/NAPA/SKF/Koyo R1559TV and the seal is Timken/Yukon 8835. The seal should also be available as NAPA/SKF/CR 16404. You can buy them as a kit such as below:

https://www.amazon.com/Yukon-AK-1559-Torrington-R1559TV/dp/B0078U83CM

The last couple of times I've purchased Timken or NAPA (SKF) bearings for this application, the boxes have had Koyo (Made in Japan) bearings. Koyo is a great bearing manufacturer. I would shop by price from any of the above and not get hung up over trying to get the Timken brand. I've used Timken, NAPA/SKF/CR and Yukon seals and prefer the NAPA/SKF/CR and Yukon seals over the Timken!

Back