• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear transmission seal for AW4

BlacknBlue_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the rear seal on the AW4 trans in my '01 XJ. Does anyone know the Chrysler part number I can use to cross reference? Many of the options on parts stores' websites look different from what I've seen in youtube videos and I can't have the car sit if I get the wrong seal. I couldn't find a diagram that would give me the part numbers that it referenced.

Thanks!

I need to replace the rear seal on the AW4 trans in my '01 XJ. Does anyone know the Chrysler part number I can use to cross reference? Many of the options on parts stores' websites look different from what I've seen in youtube videos and I can't have the car sit if I get the wrong seal. I couldn't find a diagram that would give me the part numbers that it referenced.

Thanks!
SKF 19622 looks right. Make sure and specify 4wd, not 2wd.

Cross referenced a Timken 225005 from a thread on Jeep Forum, which Advanced has in stock in Longmont. I can grab that today.

Should we do the front input seal on the transfer case (or anything else) while we're in there?

Cross referenced a Timken 225005 from a thread on Jeep Forum, which Advanced has in stock in Longmont. I can grab that today.

Should we do the front input seal on the transfer case (or anything else) while we're in there?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.:twak:

4WD or 2WD? It does make a huge difference. And if it is 4WD, do you want the AW4 rear seal or the Transfer case seal.

Edit, never mind, I see in the new post it is 4WD, and the AW4 rear seal you want. I found some of the 4WD NAXJA supporter-vendors online have these parts, some that seem impossible to find anywhere else. Here is a link to my secret source that all US Transmission shops buy wholesale new parts form. Act like a shop when you call buy parts there, LOL.

http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/searchresults.asp?Submit=Go&Search=AW4

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back