• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Differences in Front Axle Brands

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Pricing new axles, I see two brands that seem to be widely sold. Both claim 4030 Alloy Cr Moly construction, both take the 760x U Joint i need, 27 spline for my ARB.

Are there differences in strength, quality? Brand reputation good or bad?

Yukon brand, 4030 alloy, W38821 and W38875

U.S.A. Standard brand, 4030 alloy, same part number but with ZA in front of the W

All in all if I go with USA Standard Gear for both shafts, I save $100 total verses Yukon Brand.

What advantage if any does the $100 more for Yukon verses USA Standard Gear get me? Am I supporting a needy Polar Bear, or actually getting a better product for that 100 bucks?

I think it really depends on what you're using them for.

Last I remember (from reading on Pirate)...US Standard is the Yukon "lower" brand.

E.G. if it doesn't 100% pass all of Yukon's QC Tests...then it gets relabeled.

I'd look at warranty, and history.

Also, I think you mean 4340 Chromoly?

I think it really depends on what you're using them for.

Last I remember (from reading on Pirate)...US Standard is the Yukon "lower" brand.

E.G. if it doesn't 100% pass all of Yukon's QC Tests...then it gets relabeled.

I'd look at warranty, and history.

Also, I think you mean 4340 Chromoly?

Yeah, 4340, I blame my lexdystia kicking in again! Good catch, I dont have edit privilege. :bawl: else I would correct it.

thanks!

I did read on a many year old post that USA Standard is Yukon factory seconds, often for axles it would be U joint bores a bit out of the tighter limits but still ok for use, or a ding on a spline that is filed out. mostly of cosmetic nature or just outside of tolerance, still usable. If so that is good money saved.

Any other confirmations of this, or other quality related info? Id like to pull the trigger on parts ordering asap so as to get the jeep on the road finally!

thanks!

In this day and age they are literally all the same.

Happy Steel Co in India spits out 4000 dana 30 shafts and each major vendor takes 1000.

Buy who you have a good relationship with. I get the best service from Motive Gear / Ten Factory.

I got the best deal on a set of Ten-Factory fronts and Yukon rears.
P1080460_zpsfb5xmiui.jpg

P1080476_zpsqxsz0amm.jpg

In this day and age they are literally all the same.

Happy Steel Co in India spits out 4000 dana 30 shafts and each major vendor takes 1000.

Buy who you have a good relationship with. I get the best service from Motive Gear / Ten Factory.

happy steel, lol, havent heard that one. i always refer to things from china as being made by long dong. cracks me up.

im bias towards nitro. had very good experiences with their customer service. have heard a LOT of horror stories with yukon. id agree with the statement on looking into warranty. maybe check with your local distributors and see what they carry for fast warranty claims. chromo doesnt mean it wont break, just means itll break at the most inopportune time. like the ridge of a mountain...

17992281_10100279199514535_6899661933393371416_n.jpg

As others said, seems like quality is pretty close on most shafts on the market. U have 3 friends who've bought 10 factory shafts and needed warranty. Every time they shipped out same day or next day, so that's where I'll go if I buy shafts for my 30.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Back