• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

u Joint

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
for my modified jeep front end, I have Spicer 5-760 x U Joints on my steering spindles. These have a 1.188 inch dia bearing cup, and 2.188 inch width.

These are sealed U Joints. I'd like to get greasable U Joints. What is a cross reference number for a greasable joint?

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up on the Ox brand, a bit pricey at 170 bucks each, although it sure looks good.

What I am really in search of budget wise is a standard U Joint type with grease fittings, hopefully in the 20 to 50 buck range.

do these even exist for this size?

I have been unable to find any cross reference.

suggestions?

thanks

Honestly the 5x760 non greasable is the best ujoint you can get without going to a $200+ superjoint. They don't require regular greasing.

Unlikely a driveshaft joint that gets constant and rapid motion, axle ujoints only rotate when you're turning, and at a shockingly low speed.

Thanks for the heads up on the Ox brand, a bit pricey at 170 bucks each, although it sure looks good.

What I am really in search of budget wise is a standard U Joint type with grease fittings, hopefully in the 20 to 50 buck range.

do these even exist for this size?

I have been unable to find any cross reference.

suggestions?

thanks

Spicer 5-760 will outlast any other greasable u-joint in their price range. I know of rigs with nearly 100k miles on Spicer 5-760 joints. YMMV

http://www.fourwheeler.com/product-reviews/131-0212-5-760x-spicer-u-joint-jeeps/

Last edited:
Yukon sells a superjoint too. And a few others. They are all knock off of CTM's at a lower price.

Still for 97% of people the Spicer 760 is the correct part.

Back