• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dealer Report Form Idea

Hawaiian Style

NAXJA Forum User
I HATE the Jeep dealer near my house. These people SUCK. When one of those "take it to the dealer" issues come up I am so afraid of what those people will do to my XJ.

My ZJ has to make a trip to the dealer and I'm already dreading it. Maybe NAXJA members could come up with a list of good dealers? I know there are some out there!

How about a member report card from various dealers based on member experiences? It would be a good way to get some kind of feedback on a dealer before you subject your beloved XJ to the cold, heartless, and in some cases incompetent dealers out there!

For expample, a form could look like this:

Dealership Name and location:

Date of Service:

Service Required:

Estimated Price:
Actual Price:

How many days were required for work to be performed?:
Days dealer promised work would be completed:

Was the problem resolved?:

Rate Customer Service 1-10:

Comments:

If we could afford the space on the site I think it would be great have an idea of what kind of service you could expect where your XJ is being repaired! :repair:

:laugh3: Yeah, Utah is a just a tiny bit far, I'm in Jacksonville, FL.

What do ya think about the dealer database though? It would be cool if it was searchable too.

After a road trip that long I'd need a good dealer by the time I got there and probably a couple along the way. :D

wow! thats a good idea. I wonder if anyone else has had that idea and made one of these dealer review pages on another site. It sure would come in handy at times.

A site as good as NAXJA would be prefect since we're all driving the same thing. Who can we get to review the idea and run with it or tell me to shut up?

Hawaiian Style said:
Who can we get to review the idea and run with it
i can host the pages - if someone wants to write the source code...
ill give you 100mb of space, and unlimited bandwidth - how bout that?

Hawaiian Style said:
or tell me to shut up?

thats easy -

Eric Cartman said:
Shut you F*cking face uncle Fu*ker

I'd say if you want to have it added to NAXJA, the best place to bring it up would be the member forum. That's where members are able to make suggestions about the site. Or the user support/suggestions area. Either way, I like the idea, but think maybe even expand it to mechanics in general. I've got on good I know of out here, and one bad one...$1500 to rebuild tranny in Tracker. It'll take 4 days. You need new synchros, input shaft and clutch. I know the clutch, or at least throwout bearing were bad, but it still went into gear, so it seems the synchros were good. Anyways, it took a week and a half after they ordered the wrong parts, and after I got a loan for the $1700 I was quoted, they then charged me $2000. I of course had to pay because I needed my car back and they'd just charge more if I left it.

{http://www.cartalk.com}. Upper left, mechanics files. Type in your zip code and "miles from". The problem with this kind of survey is that dealers may have their staff send in good words that they don't really deserve.

Stan

Bit of a hijack, but what is the problem that you HAVE to get it dealt with by the stealership? Just asking because after my last experience, I will NEVER again take my jeep to another dealer. At least not without them first giving me a $10000.00 deposit to leave it with them.

I could *maybe* see this as somewhat useful if there was a need for Dealerships. However, as we are dealing with XJ's that are not produced anymore, I fail to see the point. Other than for those that have money to waste by bringing an XJ to a dealer. If you have enough money to bring an out-of-production vehicle to a dealer.... you are doing well enough to:
1. Pay to be a Member here
2. Suck up the extra costs of going to a dealer.

:D

I guess that implies NAXJA has a predefined life expectancy... any idea when this Web site may expire ? I want to time it so my membership is good until I die or XJ's perish from the earth---which ever comes first. :D

Glenn said:
I could *maybe* see this as somewhat useful if there was a need for Dealerships. However, as we are dealing with XJ's that are not produced anymore, I fail to see the point. Other than for those that have money to waste by bringing an XJ to a dealer. If you have enough money to bring an out-of-production vehicle to a dealer.... you are doing well enough to:

bchulett said:
I guess that implies NAXJA has a predefined life expectancy... any idea when this Web site may expire ? I want to time it so my membership is good until I die or XJ's perish from the earth---which ever comes first. :D

Grow up. That does not imply that at all. :D But it is hardly worth compiling Dealership data for vehicles that are mostly all out of warranty, and rarely taken to Dealer by enthusiasts. But if somebody wants to take that task on, knock yourself out.

I am looking for a dealership to take my 56 VW in to as well, while you are at it.

I still think it might be good to do a thing for just mechanics in general. Not all of us have the time/resources (ie extra vehicles to drive)/expertise to do all our own work. I'd like to avoid another experience like the one with my Tracker and its tranny. My XJ is my only means of transport right now and my mechanical skills are limited to basic stuff. The most advanced thing I've done is change a clutch, and that was with a mechanic friend who did most of the work.

Glenn said:

Maybe you meant something diferent but um....The guy asking the question is a member....Already paid up.

DrMoab said:
Maybe you meant something diferent but um....The guy asking the question is a member....Already paid up.

Musta been thrown by the fact it was not posted in the Members Forum then. That is usually where these ideas are discussed, adopted, or shot down. :)

If he coded a system to do what he wants to look at, the chances would be better....

Back