• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need information on the 97/98 factory security system

zluster

NAXJA Forum User
I program many RKE boards for US based customers and some international customers since I have a DRBIII and the parts are small and can be mailed to me. I have an international customer who has a 1997 export 2.5 Gas XJ with the export security system.

For those not aware the security system was an option in the 99+ XJs with the sentry key/SKIM. This system used an RF ID from the key that was programmed to a halo ring receiver that sat around the key tumbler and connected to the vehicles CCD bus.

The 97/98 system uses keyless entry remotes that are different from the US and a different RKE board, and another component that I don't quite understand the function of yet. The system works similar to the US 99+ in that it shuts the engine off after 3 seconds.

Does anyone have experence with this system and can help me get this programmed for this guy? He cannot get support from the Jeep dealers in his country as they cannot support anything so old now, so he is SOL with local support.

Thanks all.

M&S UK IMMOBILIZER
This is to program the May & Schofield immobiliser system in the UK vehicles.
Your DRBIII needs to be on BIOS 3. It will not work on BIOS 4.
You can use a 31.8 update card to downgrade your DRBIII to BIOS 3.
You will need to update you DRBIII back to your normal version (64.1 lastest) when done using this card.
-------------------------------------------

Back