• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AZ Member seeking SoCal help

YEAGS

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Ill be moving from Phoenix to the New Port Beach area this summer for an internship with McCarthy Building Companies. I'm not too familiar with the area as far as apartments and what not. Any help would be great for someone who is familiar with the area.

Im looking to get an apartment within 10 minutes drive from the office which is roughly Mesa Dr and the Costa Mesa freeway. Something in the less then 1500/mo range (Im a cheap college kid) and in a good neighborhood. Can be in Santa Ana or any of the neighboring cities. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Sean.

I used to live in that area. There are plenty of inexpensive apartments on the east side of Costa Mesa (which is the better side).

I was here for several years -

Sus Casitas Apts.
2110 Newport Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
949-548-4968

I had a Jr. one bedroom, basically a studio with a sliding door to cover the sleeping area. And a one-car garage. Rent was $900. Probably around $1000 now.

It's right next to the freeway, but the noise is not bad since the freeway is below street level. The complex was pretty quiet, not many kids in the front building. I think the back building had more families with kids.

Lots of shopping and eating places within walking distance and easy freeway access.

Your getting a job with Mc Carthy Const?I work for Penhall and we do a lot of work for them.

Yes sir. Penhall? My good friend interned with them last year during school. I was going to try and get on with them part time during school Because Im a Concrete Industry Management major, but they stopped looking for part time interns.

And im checking out the Sus Casitas Apartments now. Thanks guys.

Checkout the apartments on the corner of Vanguard and Newport Blvd. Used to be called Newport Glen Apts and I had a great experience there except for the noisy garage doors. Now its called something different like Montage or Montego. Cant recall.

There's a large number of great apartment locations in Costa Mesa specifically. If possible, I would suggest coming out for a weekend or so to check them out before you pick one.

Checkout the apartments on the corner of Vanguard and Newport Blvd. Used to be called Newport Glen Apts and I had a great experience there except for the noisy garage doors. Now its called something different like Montage or Montego. Cant recall.

There's a large number of great apartment locations in Costa Mesa specifically. If possible, I would suggest coming out for a weekend or so to check them out before you pick one.

I think they are called Madison Newport now I came across them.

Any other suggestions from anyone?

Thanks again guys.

Back