NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > SoCal Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

SoCal Chapter The SoCal Chapter covers Southern California and Arizona. Please post local topics here.

Old May 4th, 2008, 17:14
NAXJA Forum User

WTF!

Okay, I also have this posted in the modified section but, hoping some of you "local" guys might have encountered this problem: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=953034 any input is welcome as I'm kinda irritated and bummed--------Hans
Old May 4th, 2008, 17:49
NAXJA Forum User

Re: WTF!

Hans post some pics. Maybe the gear gods can figure out if you have an after market LSD or if you are doing something wrong.
Old May 4th, 2008, 18:31
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyluvv
Hans post some pics. Maybe the gear gods can figure out if you have an after market LSD or if you are doing something wrong.
Sorry, I had to put it back together, it's the Mrs' daily driver (I was trying to sneak it in while she was over at a friend's ) and it's definitely a factory Spicer Trac Lok. I did manage to copy a part number off of the carrier: 26988-X031487 I hope that's correct.....it was kind of hard to make it out....the numbers weren't stamped too deep and I am damn near blind (sucks getting old!). I'm thinking of looking for a Trac Lok carrier at the local P-A-P in maybe a full size (SJ) or I wonder if the Isuzu D44 has carrier breaks for different ratios or do they use a "thick" ring gear like the TJ D44s? Anybody know? I should just try and return it......a new empty carrier is close to $100 and with what I paid for the No Slip, that's about the same as a Detroit! ---------Hans

Last edited by Oatmeal; May 4th, 2008 at 18:56.
Old May 4th, 2008, 19:30
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeal
Sorry, I had to put it back together, it's the Mrs' daily driver (I was trying to sneak it in while she was over at a friend's ) and it's definitely a factory Spicer Trac Lok. I did manage to copy a part number off of the carrier: 26988-X031487 I hope that's correct.....it was kind of hard to make it out....the numbers weren't stamped too deep and I am damn near blind (sucks getting old!). I'm thinking of looking for a Trac Lok carrier at the local P-A-P in maybe a full size (SJ) or I wonder if the Isuzu D44 has carrier breaks for different ratios or do they use a "thick" ring gear like the TJ D44s? Anybody know? I should just try and return it......a new empty carrier is close to $100 and with what I paid for the No Slip, that's about the same as a Detroit! ---------Hans
The zuzu 44 uses a thick ring gear.. standard 3.73 and down ratio (3.54 ect) Why not just get a new clutch kit and rebuild the trac lok?
Old May 4th, 2008, 19:49
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean-RC
The zuzu 44 uses a thick ring gear.. standard 3.73 and down ratio (3.54 ect) Why not just get a new clutch kit and rebuild the trac lok?
Thanks, Scott, that's what I was hoping to hear! I just don't think Trac Loks are much better than open diffs.......I'm spoiled because, all my other 4X4s have lockers .......I guess I'll hit the yard! ---------Hans
Old May 4th, 2008, 20:33
NAXJA Forum User

Hans, I will make a phone call tomorrow...I know someone with a freshly rebuilt (by me) trac-lok. I will see if he used it or not, and see if he has one lying around.

you have my number, give me a call tomorrow

Justin
Old May 4th, 2008, 20:44
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjjeeper19
Hans, I will make a phone call tomorrow...I know someone with a freshly rebuilt (by me) trac-lok. I will see if he used it or not, and see if he has one lying around.

you have my number, give me a call tomorrow

Justin
Thanks Justin, all I need is an empty carrier (3.73 and down) but, one that uses a pinned in cross shaft.......just my luck, having the oddball snapring version! I'll give you a call tomorrow--------Hans