• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

interior panels.. interchangable?

zingablaxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, i have a 99 4dr. i really like the look of woodgrain inside a car and since the 97+ dont have much i wondered if you take things from a pre 97 such as the door panels.. i know id have to adjust linkages n such. and the rocker panels.. anything else that may cross over with woodgrain on it?

thanks

you can find woodgrain from a 97+ limited and avoid any complications

my guess is that the panel would "fit" since the doors are very close in measure but i do not think the linkages would line up with out some help

personally i would look for the newer panels to swap and avoid the headache

Here is a pic of a 97+ Limited door panel.

mailgooglecom.jpg

EDIT: If your close to the Coshocton Ohio area I'll sell you all four door panels, and the wood grain trim bezel that goes around the radio & climate controls.

DSCF1731.jpg

Last edited:
The older pans wont easily work. The linkages are in a different place, wiring is different, screw locations are different. The front doors really would not be easy to change.

Rears would be less work, but without the fronts you would never see just the rears.

Dont get me wrong I like your style, I like doing things the opposite, putting the newer stuff into the older stuff, so I can understand why you want to customize them.

Best bet for you to understand what needs to be modded would be to look at the two different setups at a junkyard to get a feel for the differences.

oh man i totally wish i had my 94 back... ive had 3 since then and none were the same... she was a 2dr 5spd.4x4... 3" lift MTs i tried to get it stuck so many times in HS. never worked.. id just put it in low.. 1st or 2nd gear and pop the clutch.. shed just walk outta anything.. others were all 99 autos.. i wish i still had the old one. the interior is much more spacious.. least i have pre 97 seats in mine :)

Back