• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idle problem. Gets really shaky after warming up.

AnthonyZ28

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I have this problem. My idle drops after warming up and everything gets really shaky when it drops. It starts fine, and idles fine. But after driving it around, parking it, it starts to drop to around 600. It normally idles right at 1000. It kinda acts like it's going to die, but then saves itself. And when I say shaky, I mean the engine is shaking. I can feel it in my AX15. The shaking carries through about 2000 rpm, after that it seems to level out.

Also the same day I had a problem with this, I had trouble getting gas. I was almost empty, but when I tried to fill it up, the pump clicked as if it was full. I managed to get in a gallon and drove home. Yesterday I filled up just fine.

I've read things about this possibly being the o2 sensor? Possibly fuel pump? Not too sure about this one.

Could be more than one thing. Did it go away when you filled the gas tank?

Could be more than one thing. Did it go away when you filled the gas tank?

It did, but I havent drove it for any extended amounts of time. I'll drive it around for 30 minutes or so today after school.

Also, I do remember when starting it I heard a weird sound coming from the engine bay. Unfortunately, I don't quite remember what it sounded like. It didn't sound good though. Only happened when starting it.

Time to pop the hood look for obvious issues like loose vacuum hoses....

Back