• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which axle: 1986 2.5L 5-speed 4.10 ratio

HenryKrinkle

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for an upgrade to my stock d35 with 3.55 gears. I'm only on 31" tires and don't have the resources for a big upgrade, so I'm looking for maybe a chryco 8.25 or a D44 (if I'm lucky). Something bolt-in easy.

I found this on craigslist. Only description given is listed in the title.

Wikipedia is telling me it'll have a d35 or maybe a d44. Even if it is another d35, the 4.10's would be much better than my junky stock gears/31" tires.

I've asked the seller, but no response.

What do you guys think?

What did you find on Craigslist? If you posted a link, it ain't happening.

Anyway, you need the same ratio front and rear--unless you're 2wd.

If the price is right, jump on it. Even if you have to do bearings/seals--which I would anyway--you should end up way under the cost of re-gearing your current axles.

where is that jeep? shame they are gonna crush it, looks pretty straight. Love those wheels.

It's near Harrisburg PA. I'm waiting on a response from the seller. According to his ad it should have been crushed already. It's about 2.5 hours from me now, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it work. I'll update this if he still has them so someone else could maybe get in on it....

It's near Harrisburg PA. I'm waiting on a response from the seller. According to his ad it should have been crushed already. It's about 2.5 hours from me now, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it work. I'll update this if he still has them so someone else could maybe get in on it....

Apparently the guy still has them for $200 each- he's been sort of short in responses and won't provide any extra info. He likely just doesn't know what axle it is and doesn't seem to want to check.

Anyway- just letting you guys know if any of you want them- I'm gonna pass...

Back