• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel adapter lug nut question.

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I bought a set of used Adapter /spacers, what never crossed my mind was the stud size these adapters are 5/8ths stud , which fits my 14 , but my 60 is the smaller 9/16th , and I did not think about this until I went to install them tonight . Now the question the lugs for the spacer are open style and I had a set made like them in 9/16th so I installed the spacer to the hub using them and will just use big 5/8 matching lugs for the wheel....Now the question the 9/16th lug is made the same as the 5/8th open and the end fits into the recess of the adapter the same but is just a hair smaller , so would this fine for a trailer queen or just change my studs when I plate my knuckles ?

thats what i thought but didnt say anything.

now the question...

question is right there ...wheel lug adapter/spacer ...these are just spacing not switching pattern and they are made for 5/8 studs , which I did not realize until I went to put them on my 60 front which has the 9/16th studs , so I used 9/16th open end lugs instead of the 5/8ths supplied with the adapters , which the mating surface for the lug against the adapter is recessed for the lug to seat into and since I used a 9/16th lug that is close was wondering if this is a no no...this is not the lug that holds the wheel to the adapter but the adapter/spacer to the hub and since there is a slight size difference was wondering if I would be making a mistake using it . I think it should be ok , but I am often mistaken .

Back