• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

intake clarification

jpars

NAXJA Forum User
have been reSEARCHing intake options.......i like rustys over the k and n because of the throttle body spacer and price.....but i do not understand something.

i realise that with the lack of a heatshield, the intake will suck up hot air during the summer. What I am wondering, is when poeple talk about this, is it something that is actually detrimental as compared to the stock airbox? or is just that they do not get as much of a return when it sucks in hotter air? no one clearly states (as i have read) this point.......they just complain about it. It is, in fact, an upgrade, so even during warm weather shouldnt it be just that, with or without heatshield? I know heatshields are easy to fab up- i probably will and i am not concerned with that aspect right now, just the question.

thanks in advance

less hp then stock? or just not as much as the new intake is capable of if it the air was cold? that is what i am trying to get at..... is it still an upgrade? i dont see why someone would put a rustys intake kit on if it actually hindered the engine in warm temps........ someone please clarify

I have the rustys kit on mine (came with the catback flowmaster exhaust) and its a decent kit. I noticed a bit more breathing at high rpms, (wishfull thinkin?) but i was under the impression the shield that came with the K&N kit was more of a splash guard for water. Ive run mine hard through fairly deep water and have had no problems yet, you could fab one up very easy if you wanted to, theres plenty of room and mounting points.

I noticed a bit more breathing at high rpms, (wishfull thinkin?) but i was under the impression the shield that came with the K&N kit was more of a splash guard for water.

The spacer moves your power band slightly, this is probably what you're feeling. It is a heat shield primarily but also acts as a splash guard.

Back